Mechanical Project Engineer
MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER
£50,000 to £55,000 per annum basic
***** Do you want to join the UK's Leading Integrated Facilities Management & Building Maintenance Company? ****
* Are you an experienced Project Engineer with a Mechanical Bias?
* Fancy earning a highly competitive salary which is reviewed continually?
* Want to be recognised for how good you are and how hard you work?
* Do you want an exciting career platform and clear career structure?
An opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, Total Facilities Management services provider on a permanent basis. This an opportunity for a highly skilled Mechanical Engineer to be based in Whitehall, London and provide an in house design and project management service for a major client.
You will be responsible for the Financial and commercial planning of all mechanical building services projects to the value of £2,000,000, along with the core service contracts including procurement strategies.
Your core duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, design and operations teams, and associated organisations in order to lead and deliver projects through collaboration
* Capture customer requirements, knowledge of site standards and operational constraints
* Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for Minor Systems under PSSR regulation, chilled water and ventilation systems and general building services, mechanical services, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required
* Develops the design proposal and construction phase plan documentation in accordance with on-site assurance standards
* In consultation with the Operational Buyer and site QS, develop cost proposals and gain funding for works
* Coordinate and manage works throughout the delivery phase
* Ensure all works are commissioned and project completion documents including H&S file are developed to a high standard, seeking Assurance Team approval on completion of the project.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
* C&G Level 4 or similar NVQ or degree
* Experience with NEC3 Contracts
* Proven ability to design Mechanical Building Services systems and their integration into BMS and electrical systems and demonstrate rationale behind proposals
* Experience of being Lead Mechanical Engineering for multiple projects (construction value up to £2M) from Concept to Completion including commissioning
If you think this sounds like something you would be interested please apply and speak with Tom Lilley from Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.