Hotel Receptionist in Guildford
Barnett Hill Hotel is a new member of the Alexander Hotels family joining the Group in September 2016.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans have been completed which have transformed this venue into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with work recently having been completed on the Mews building to increase the number of bedrooms to 54 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Please see our website for details of the hotel and the facilities.
A smart, friendly, well organised, guest service focused individual is sort to complete our professional Hotel Reception team. You must have a five star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guest service experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel to the time they pay their bill and leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will also be key in providing internal departments with information so that they to can perform to achieve excellence.
- 37.5 hrs per week working 5 days per week including weekend shifts. A mixture of early (7.00am to 3.00pm) and late (2pm – 10pm) shifts
- Welcoming arrival guests
- Guest check-in and rooming
- Enquiry handling - both in person and on the telephone
- Posting of charges and guest billing
- Taking bedroom reservations
- Producing daily Activity Report for all internal departments
- Upselling facilities and rooms
- Organising porter service where needed
- Balancing the shift and completing 'end of day' procedures
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- Excellent communicator in person and on the telephone
- Warm and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests
- Organised and good attention to detail
- Accurate data entry and computer work
- Must have own transport due to shifts and Hotels rural location
- £17,500 to £18,000 (37.5 hrs per week)
- + 50% room upgrade incentive
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Hotel Receptionist in Guildford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly