Management Accountant - Insurance (6 month FTC)
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our Insurance Team, part of our European Finance operation based in Haywards Heath. The role will be initially for 6 months and will support the preparation and delivery of insurance reporting for month end and group solvency reporting purposes
What you will do:
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts by preparing journals
- Assist with premium bordereau processing and posting onto SAP.
- Prepare third-party commission statements and ensure settlement of amounts due.
- Produce the year-end statutory accounts for AIL. Including notes, commentary and analysis.
- Assist Group Technical in managing the process for implementing new standards/policies.
- Complete and submit IPT returns to HMRC.
- Complete and submit foreign IPT data to Fiscal Feps.
- Liaise with Group Tax, Fiscal Reps, Auditors and SAP team to resolve tax queries.
- Reconcile and settle IGL and Stamp Duty due
Retail Mediation Activities Returns (RMAR)
- Deliver quarterly RMAR reporting templates from the relevant Management accounts.
- Obtain relevant review and sign off and then input RMAR’s onto BEEDS portal.
- Fully document RMAR process and input all controls
- Awareness and understanding of the fundamentals of Solvency Capital Requirements (SCR), Reporting & Modelling to include Solvency II and Ratings Agencies.
- Strong interest / career bias towards technical and regulatory accounting.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA or Equivalent).
- Ability to research and apply applicable technical accounting standards (IFRS, UK GAAP).
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting system (FI, CO modules).
- High personal levels of motivation and delivery orientated focus.
- Background, experience and knowledge of the Insurance industry, business models and technical accounts.
- Ability to liaise with and work across departments both within finance and the wider business
- Awareness of the various processes and data sources within an insurance company.