Senipr Accountant - Insurance
We are looking for an Accountant with Insurance experience to join our Insurance Financial Reporting Team, part of our European business finance unit based in our Haywards Heath. The role will take on day to day responsibility of managing of team of 4.
What you will do:
- Team management (4+) including objective setting and regular one to one reviews. Developing and motivating staff by providing them with clear direction to achieve their goals.
- Group reporting, including monthly management packs and annual Group Audit Packs ensuring they are completed in line with Group deadlines
- Support Regulatory reporting under Solvency II
- Statutory reporting and financial statement production
- Technical accounting and Insurer, Commercial Partner and 3rd party reporting
- Reconciliation and internal control frameworks with a key focus process development
- Assist in planning and coordinating external and internal audits
- Balance sheet reviews and reconciliation
- Completion of quarterly analytical reviews for both P&L and Balance Sheet
- Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) reporting –working closely with Group Tax Manager
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualification experience
- Insurance background essential
- Proven experience of statutory accounting and audit management
- Strong technical knowledge – up to date expertise in relevant accounting standards FRS102 and FRS103 under UK GAAP.
- General operational accounting experience and background in a related field an advantage
- Advanced Excel
- Solvency II experience is desirable
- Strong finance systems experience - SAP systems experience an advantage
- Experience of process improvements
- Ability to interpret commercial contracts, ensuring that financial considerations have been factored in.
- Proven people leader
- Collaborative who can work across the stakeholder matrix
- Ability to manage competing demands and delivering to deadlines