Senior Product Manager
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The Global Issuer Capabilities team is a part of the Enterprise Platforms team. The team plays a key role in the development of New Card Products, Benefit Programs, Lending, and Commerce Initiatives that help grow billings, deepen customer engagement and increase member value.
The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market and modernizing AR and Benefits Platforms. The team is also responsible for enhancing customer Point of Sale experience, through commerce product development, marketing and analytics.
The Global AR Software Product Management team is looking for a talented and experienced software product manager to drive the transformation of Account Receivable capabilities for the Core Card Platforms and help us build our next generation of technology assets.
In this role, you will be part of a team that is responsible for driving the vision and execution from gathering requirements through implementation and optimization. To do this, you will collaborate with business leaders and partners to shape and translate a software product vision and you will lead designers and engineers to deliver user experiences, operational processes and supporting technology assets.
- Prioritize development of the software product in alignment with business objectives
- Ensure owned Software Product/Capability Areas and platforms are well controlled and have a defined roadmap to improve time to market, reduce operational risk, and create business value
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations
- Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance test criteria within Business and Technology initiatives
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements/user stories
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments and stakeholders in creating the software product and platform requirements
- Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
- Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations for roadmap
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs
- Review existing products and workflows for modernization opportunities
- Perform Demos and Launch Announcements with key stakeholders to demonstrate success and metrics of improvement
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience in Software Product Management (Bank Accounts Receivable or Payment Product is desirable) with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap from inception thru maintenance.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Excellent executive presence with strong written & verbal communication
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with scaled agile and scrum software development methodologies is preferable
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks. Ability to manage scope to a budget
- Ability to think creatively and influence decision making across departments and levels within the organization
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages, a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time