Head of IT Architecture & Solution Design - B&CE
Do you have a background of architecting solutions, experience with API and software engineering? Do you have a passion about technology and future trends and keen to be part of a growing organisation?
We’re recruiting for a brand-new role Head of IT Architecture & Solution Design here in our Crawley office. Our Architecture & Solution Design will ensure the technology-based solutions which we create and use, enable and support the execution of B&CE’s strategic goals. You’ll be responsible for making key strategic decisions in relation to technology and architectural roadmap of new and legacy systems together with owning the strategy and driving the technology roadmap as B&CE continues its ambitious growth projects.
We’re looking for a Head IT Architecture & Solution Design who will guide, influence, shape and deliver technical solutions, whilst considering cost of ownership, strategic direction, technical principles, business objectives, reuse, flexibility, autonomy, encouraging collaboration and innovation.
- Own the overall architecture disciplines across Enterprise, Solution and Data Architecture, and provide leadership
- Management for a small team of high-impact Architects.
- Work with Business and IT leaders to define strategic and tactical requirements of B&CE
- Definition, creation, maintenance and management of a technology roadmap and Enterprise Architecture strategy that is aligned with business needs
- Analyse and provide recommendations for Data architecture
- Represent architecture for the technology function and communicate with the wider organisation.
- Understand current enterprise application integration capabilities including the use of services-based frameworks and other data integration technologies and strive for continuous improvement.
Right for this role
- Proven background architecting solutions covering Solution Architecture and Enterprise Architecture, using cloud-based technologies to build scalable, extensible, loosely coupled but tightly integrated applications
- Strong API knowledge and experience.
- Strong software engineering background with object-oriented
- Significant experience developing, designing and implementing complex technical roadmaps and architectures, across multiple business domains and platforms.
- A strong people leader