Product Manager II
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Global Accounts Receivables team is a part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence (COE). The team plays a key role in the development of New Card Products, Benefit Programs, Lending and Commerce initiatives that help grow revenue, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market and modernizing AR. The team is also responsible for enhancing customer experience through development and enhancement of AR capabilities.
The Global AR Software Product Management team is looking for a talented and driven software Product Owner to lead the transformation of Account Receivable capabilities for the Core Card Platforms and help us build our next generation of technology assets.
In this role, you will be part of a team that is responsible for driving the vision and execution from gathering requirements through implementation and optimization. To do this, you will collaborate with business leaders and partners to shape and translate a software product vision and you will lead designers and engineers to deliver user experiences, operational processes and supporting technology assets.
- Prioritize development of the software product in alignment with business objectives.
- Ensure owned Software Product/Capability Areas and platforms are well controlled and have a defined roadmap to improve time to market, reduce operational risk, and create business value.
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
- Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Quickly become an expert in the problem space – relying on relationships with SMEs to ensure development are fully informed.
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements/user stories.
- Partner with international AR peers to drive capability globalization and market adoption of platform capabilities where appropriate.
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments and stakeholders in creating the software product and platform requirements.
- Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions.
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
- Enable analytics drive decision making. Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations for roadmap.
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
- Review existing products and workflows for modernization opportunities.
- Perform Demos and Launch Announcements with key stakeholders to demonstrate success and metrics of improvement.
- Champion, support and implement agile principles.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University Degree required or equivalent experience; Degree (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Proven experience in Software Product Management, Business Analysis or Product Ownership.
- Customer first mindset.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Quick learner and driven to learn new functionality.
- Can decompose abstract information into meaningful and detailed business features.
- Ability to separate technology requirements and constraints from core business value.
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally.
- Strong written & verbal communication.
- Experience with BDD, scaled agile, and scrum software development methodologies.
- Ability to manage scope against team capacity.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Experience with a Bank Accounts Receivable, Credit, Lending, Payment Products desirable.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time