Junior Intern for Sustainable Fashion Initiatives (Traineeship Programme)
The Traineeship Programme is perfect for young people looking for a taste of what the real working world is like whilst building complimentary creative skills on an exciting eleven week work placement.
On the Traineeship Programme you will:
- Complete an 11 week work placement (3 days a week with employer, 2 days at Dv8).
- Achieve Level 1 or 2 Maths / English Functional Skills if not previously attained.
- Earn £10 for each day with your employer.
- Get a tablet that you can keep upon completing the programme.
- Develop creative knowledge and skills at Dv8.
- Develop a range of employability skills.
- Progress to an Apprenticeship, a vocational course, or to employment in a variety of roles.
More on the Traineeship Programme here: https://www.dv8sussex.com/traineeship-programme/
Please note this position is available for immediate start as part of the Traineeship Programme.
Employer: Smarter Uniforms
Job Title: Junior Intern for Sustainable Fashion Initiatives
As a Junior Intern your daily role will be a proactive hands-on experience across two sustainable fashion initiatives. Predominantly the role will be for Smarter Uniforms, currently a community organisation that resells school uniforms to fundraise for schools, prevent textile waste and most importantly save parents money. The role will be organising and sorting stock to coordinate sales and orders and when needed supporting us at pop-up shops. The role will also be inclusive of our digital platform, it will entail developing our online shop and operating across our social media platforms. When appropriate you will support our team at FAIR, a sustainable fashion retailer.
Main responsibilities of our Junior Intern are Customer Service and Organising Stock however as a small team, there is opportunities to support and work on social media and the website dependant on applicant’s skill set. Supporting the daily functioning’s of Smarter Uniforms there is always a lot to do so your job role is frequently flexible.
- Customer service: Acting as a sales assistant who maintains shop standards, such as tidying, cleaning and organising. Whilst also being responsible for managing customer orders and enquiries.
- Organising stock: Helping coordinate the large number of uniform donations and sales. Reporting and preparing the collection of stock to different locations for washing, reuse and recycling.
- Supporting Social Media: Updating, creating and responding to content across Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc).
- Website: To help develop our online platform ranging from the administration and development of our online shop to providing content for our blog.
The ideal candidate for this role is a young, energetic and enthusiastic individual whom is happy to get stuck into all types of activities. We are looking for a person who has a keen interest in the environment. As the role is customer facing we require a friendly and approachable individual who is organised, punctual and committed. Confidence with Microsoft and WordPress is preferred but training can be provided.
Our Traineeship Placement will offer you the opportunity to:
This Internship allows experience into sustainable fashion and a local environmental not for profit organisation. The individual will benefit from partaking in small and enthusiastic team with opportunities to develop a breadth of skillset. You will also have access to have discount on sustainable fashion should at FAIR and on Smarter Uniforms.
To apply for this position, please apply for the Traineeship Programme here: https://www.dv8sussex.com/apply/
More searches like this
- Arts & Heritage Traineeship Traineeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Marketing & PR Traineeship Traineeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Advertising Traineeship Traineeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Communications Traineeship Traineeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Digital Marketing Traineeship Traineeship Full Time jobs in Lewes