Staff Nurse - Hospice at Home
Are you passionate about delivering high standards of nursing, with an interest in palliative and end of life care?
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic registered nurses to join our established Hospice at Home service. Working in the local community, this role will give you the opportunity to deliver individualised holistic evidence-based nursing care to patients and those important to them.
Main duties will include:
- Work collaboratively with other Health Care professionals in the community, the patients and their families to provide shared patient care to promote best practice and allow patients to be cared for at home.
- Work within the bounds of a multi-disciplinary team, contribute to multi-disciplinary discussions and refer to other members of the team to enhance patient care.
- Recognise signs of dying to enable discussion with patients and families regarding choices at end of life, to initiate anticipatory prescribing so that symptoms can be addressed and inform other health care professionals
- To take part in clinical audit and undertake risk assessments in line with the Martlets Hospice clinical governance.
Key skills required:
- Current Level 1 or Level 2 NMC registration (E)
- Ability to assess, provide and evaluate high standards of care without supervision (E)
- Ability to work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team (E)
- Excellent organisational skills (E)
- Ability to supervise unqualified staff, and newly qualified staff (E)
- Ability to plan and balance priorities (E)
- Full Valid Driving Licence with access to own vehicle (E)
In addition to the above salary, we also offer a range of company benefits. You can download a copy of Martlets Benefits Statement by clicking here.