Manager/Senior Manager, Global Business Finance
Global Business Financing (GBF) operates as a FinTech within the broader commercial business, offering a suite of innovative, non-card lending solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. GBF is a major strategic investment for the Blue Box and is expected to accelerate growth. GBF products in the US include Business Loans, Marchant Financing, Working Capital Terms and Early Pay.
We have an opportunity for a seasoned project/product manager to drive the expansion of our GBF products in the UK, through both internal product builds and external partnerships. This individual will play a key role in the strategic planning, development and on-going management of GBF products and platforms in the UK.
- Roll out our Supply Chain Finance product (Early Pay) as a pilot in international markets. This would include working with sales teams to finding pilot customers, developing product enhancements and helping scale Early Pay volume
- Grow the Business Loans partnership with ezbob and identify opportunities to further develop our business loans offering in the UK
- Investigate different methods for GBF product delivery in the UK including fintech partnerships, and overseeing the signing and delivery of these partnerships
- Developing the roadmap for the commercial (non-card) lending platform in the UK
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in market place and develop plans to differentiate product offering
- Training the field on Business Loans and Early Pay and presenting updates to senior leadership
- Running the operations of our Early Pay and Business Loans product in the UK
- Work closely with operations to ensure flawless execution payment, fulfillment and risk actions in international markets
- Present GBF products to American Express’ various business units in international markets and become the champion of the products internally
- Speak directly with clients to collect feedback the products as they evolve
- Some travel required (10%)
Opening date for applications: 25/03/2019
Closing date for applications: 21/04/2019
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Understanding of commercial financing solutions and competitive landscape.
B2B/lending experience, with product/project management expertise and experience taking a product from concept to launch.
Experience selling supply chain finance solutions to large institutional clients.
Experienced people leader and change agent who can inspire the team and influence senior leadership.
Expertise in lending products decision making triggers and experience of creating strategies to respond to them.
Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills; with a proven track record of gaining buy-in for product strategies.
Experience in preparation of client presentation materials and delivery of presentations to client boards and senior company leaders.
Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment.
Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from a customer lens.
Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity.
Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership.
Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to audiences with varied backgrounds.
Advanced excel skills including macro and VBA.
Knowledge of global payments platforms.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).