7 days left
- Contract Type
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
We are looking for a highly-skilled and driven QA Engineer with a history of defining the QA landscape and fostering a culture of high quality and innovation using new capabilities to drive the release of resilient, robust and performant solutions, to help us build a global platform that will form a backbone of American Express’s regulatory compliance landscape. We are building the platform as a set of microservices communicating via a mixture of synchronous APIs and asynchronous messaging, and we need someone who can help us evolve our testing landscape to ensure that our platform grows in a sustainable way, delivering business value faster and adapting rapidly to change. Java and JVM languages are our core development technology but we embrace change and the use of the best tools for the job.
Joining the UK-based Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundry and Regulatory Reporting Technologies team, this role will be focused on the delivery of innovative solutions to satisfy the needs of our business – as an agile team we work closely with our business partners to understand what they require, and we strive to continuously improve as a team - we all have a role in accelerating our delivery of high quality reliable and resilient code.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse team within a diverse organisation with fantastic scope for career progression, either technical or people focused. You will have a chance to work in a vibrant campus that has, over the last few years, brought together a range of highly skilled technical people covering every level of experience and a real variety of backgrounds. You will be able to help decide what technologies are used – we embrace innovation both in our day to day work and through events such as hackathons and internal tech conferences.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Being a key player in the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design, development and deployment of software and IT processes for the team.
- Developing portfolio level strategies for automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies as well as crafting solutions for automation and testing, working to existing standards or driving new ones
- Reviewing user stories and requirements for completeness and providing recommendations
- Planning and prioritising testing activities in support of multi-team milestones, and looking at ways of avoiding or minimising cross-team testing dependencies and other friction
- Hands-on day to day development and execution of test plans, and also managing the resourcing and scheduling of testing across the scrum teams
- Devising strategies for managing test data and repeatability of tests
- Working closely with development team to drive forward quality at every stage of the pipeline
- Monitoring and analysis of QA metrics to identify opportunities and issues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding and experience of a DevOps approach to software development with good working knowledge of build and test automation tools and approaches
- Hands-on coding skills (ideally with knowledge of Java or other JVM languages, and Spring)
- Strong understanding of functional, system integration, performance and security testing
- Experience and knowledge of microservices architecture together with patterns of application integration
- University Degree, ideally in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, and QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB or ISTQB certification would be desirable
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time