Head Banqueting Chef, Kent
BANQUETING HEAD CHEF
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
4 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 38 bedroom hotel & offering guests a choice of Elements Brasserie and the RG’s Restaurant serving 2 rosette standard food. In addition there is the self contained Clockhouse banqueting suite and the Pavilion conference venue all within 15 acres of beautiful gardens.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and details of our restaurants and sample menus which include menus across the following areas;
- 2 Rosette RG’s Fine Dining Restaurant (100 covers)
- Elements Brasserie ( 50 covers) + Elements Bar (30 covers)
- Afternoon Tea (700 covers per week) and Room Service
- A range of 4 private dining/function rooms ( catering for between 8-160 covers)
Our private facilities are a very popular Wedding venue with 100 weddings confirmed for 2019 (for ceremonies as well as Wedding Breakfasts / Evening Buffets) as well as Conferences and other functions.
Reporting to our Executive Chef we are seeking a Banqueting Head Chef to lead a team of 2 chefs & Kitchen Porter with responsibility for all aspects of food production for our Banqueting, Wedding and Functions held in our Clockhouse Suite.
There is a separate banqueting kitchen in the Clockhouse which is independent of the Hotel & Spa so you have a designated area to fully manage and control.
Supported by the Executive Chef you will be responsible for;
- The menu planning, supplier resourcing, ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service to meet the demands of the wedding, corporate and function business.
- Liaising with the sales team to ensure all guest requirements are met for the events being held.
- Recruitment, training and coaching the team under your control.
- Development of menu ideas to progress the food offering across the range of corporate, wedding and party events that are held.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety legislation, ensuring that the banqueting kitchen and storage/service areas receive positive feedback on inspection.
- Achieving gross profit targets on dishes to allow for future investment in the facilities and staffing
- Creating passion, flair and drive in your team to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives. Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Experience of volume production for events, functions and weddings
- Proven record of team selection and retention that supports the development of excellent standards
- Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
- Demonstrate ideas of how the food offering can be developed and standards improved when being interviewed
- Hold the experience to manage the busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
- Be available to commit to work the busy wedding season from April to September and the festive period in December when parties and corporate events are popular and being able to take holidays outside these periods.
- 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will also benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday