Bar & Lounge Supervisor
BAR & LOUNGE SUPERVISOR
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
4 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 38 bedroom hotel together with the Clockhouse banqueting suite and Pavilion conference venue all within the grounds of 15 acres of beautiful gardens. The hotel has two restaurants RG’s Fine Dining Restaurant and Elements Brasserie and Bar for more informal dining.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and sample menus
Reporting to the F&B Manager and supported by 1 Bar Supervisor and 3 barpersons you will be responsible for food & beverage service standards within our Elements Brasserie, Bar and Lounge. Beverage ordering, cellar management, beverage service and light meals service in the bar all come under your control.
The bar serves a range of cocktails as well as non alcoholic beverages with the Brasserie and Lounge offering a range of light meals on its menu together with a range of traditional afternoon teas.
- Ensuring the Bar is stocked ready for each service period
- Ensuring the Bar and Lounge are well presented ready for guests arrival
- Ensuring all the pre-preparation for service is completed
- Meeting and greeting guests entering the bar
- Establishing guest needs and order taking
- Preparing both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages including cocktails
- Tray service of drinks across the service areas
- Service of light lunches and snacks in the bar lounge
- Liaising with the Restaurant in relation to guests who are taking pre dinner drinks and awaiting their restaurant reservation
- Taking payment for all food and beverage served or arranging for charging to resident guests accounts
- Adhering to the Mystery Guest Standards for the Bar and ensuring the team achieve the required standard.
- Ensuring effective clear down of work area at the end of the shift
- Making sure you balance your till and guest charges
- Ensuring the guest areas are left in a presentable state at the end of your shift
- Training and coaching the team to ensure they achieve excellence in all the above tasks/areas of responsibility
- Ensuring effective beverage ordering and control systems in place to ensure availability of products to guests while controlling stock holding levels
- Smart appearance
- Good communication skills
- Quality beverage supervisory experience required
- Experience within a Cocktail environment a distinct advantage
- Ability to work daytime and evening shifts including weekends
£20,000 to £22,000
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday