A brilliant opportunity for part time work this summer as a library porter in the Brighton area. There is an opportunity for a permanent contract for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities of a library porter:
- Report any maintenance or health and safety issues to supervisor
- Perform building checks to a good standard and ensure all emergency exits are secure
- Maintain a presence at the reception desk answering any queries in a polite and professional manner
- Report and take in lost property
- Tidy and perform janitorial duties in the library area i.e emptying the rubbish, sweeping the steps, clearing desks, clean carpet stains etc.
- Clear returned books from designated area
- Monitor and enforce no smoking rule
- Contact security when necessary
- Must have a good attention to detail
- Must be proactive and self motivated
- Able to communication effectively
- Good time management skills
- Computer literate
Hours: Monday to Friday 1800-2300 starting on 16th June 2019 for a minimum of 14 weeks.
Pay: £8.95 per hour
Please call Demi or Rebecca at The Best Connection to apply now.