Junior Quality Engineer
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
We are looking for high performing and enthusiastic Quality Engineers and Senior Quality Engineers to join a new Supplier Payments team in American Express, London.
This role will partner closely with our product owners & product engineering teams, in an environment that values interesting technical challenges, using best practice design approaches and prioritise your professional development.
The successful applicant will join the Supplier Experience team a new dynamic community brining to life a new opportunity for the commercial services organization.
For the senior roles we would request technical leadership skills that demonstrate helping set direction and mentoring members of the team.
Your primary proven engineering experience will be in an environment using Java with Springboot, React, REST & graphql. Experience of Kafka, Docker & Kubernetes is also beneficial.
- Act as a quality process improvement leader within scrum team and wider team to share experience and learning
- Drive the adoption of automation with tool such as Jest, jest-cucumber & PACT in a Java & environment
- Champion the adoption of Test-Driven Development within a continuous delivery based environment
- Design, develop and execute automation frameworks and tests for applications and their supporting services
- Able to lead from front by identifying tools appropriate for quality assurance complying with enterprise SDLC framework
- Well versed with leading and co-ordinating large enterprise application testing with mix of legacy and micro services-based applications
- Select and develop Prototypes/Proof of Concepts for new test automation tools along with enhancing existing automation test tools and framework
- Ability to work within scrum team by understanding existing applications and providing quality assurance for initiatives developed within program increment
- Estimate, plan, prioritise and coordinate testing across applications and their supporting services by showing self-organising leadership quality
- Creates and maintains cross functional relationship needed to foster collaboration culture amongst business product owners and a productive working relationship with internal and external dependant teams
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best quality practises
- Support leaders and managers in identifying opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of testing across the team
- Understand existing Performance and security penetration testing and actively provide support in optimising current framework or be part of team to create new framework
- Document agile test methods used by scrum team and train new testers and development team members on their usage
- Stay updated on performance test automation and software development lifecycle methods and technologies in order to help evolve and grow testing effectiveness
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Education: University Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science and related fields of Engineering
- Significant experience in testing Enterprise multi-tiered commercial application
- Strong programming knowledge in JAVA & JEE including Hibernate, spring, Junit, mocking (JMock/Mokito), REST, and Groovy along with JMS, WMQ, and AJAX is highly desirable.
- Experience in testing of API, UNIT testing using JUnit & TestNG
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate problems to aid developers in resolving issues
- Proficient knowledge in QA methodologies and bug reporting
- Knowledge in tools such as Git, BitBucket, Jenkin or Bamboo, JIRA, Stash, zephyr etc.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS application environments
- Experience with Agile projects
- Experience with both Windows and Linux is highly desirable
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
Health care scheme
Defined contribution pension plan
Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
Car Allowance/Company Car Option
A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
Employee Discount Portal
Back up childcare/adultcare
Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time