Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care - Adult care worker Place Farmhouse Rest Home
Place Farm House located in Patcham are looking for an individual who is passionate about working in care and is able to adapt to the changing needs of their residents. The person must have the ethos to give the best of themselves in their work and join their ambition to be Brighton and Hove's first 'outstanding' rated home in the coming years.
- Assist clients who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet.
- Help clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence, help in the care and use of aids and personal equipment.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of clients through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreation
- Ensure that clients are content and encourage them to maintain contact with friends and relatives.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and carry out cleaning duties according to cleaning Rota and other cleaning as and when necessary.
- Care for residents who are temporarily sick and needing for example minor dressings. Inspect, launder and mend clients clothing.
- Cook light meals, prepare tables and trays, serve meals, assist clients at meal times if required; wash up, clear and tidy dining room.
- Answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone, greet visitors, and offer them refreshments.
- Read & write reports onto iPods and monitor records stored on the person- centered software program on the laptop. Maintain up to date knowledge for all residents care.
- Monitor client’s progress, report concerns to management, GP’s district nurses as necessary.
- Notify the manager of any changes and matters of concern with regard to residents, staff and the environment.
- Assist in filling shifts as necessary, including night shifts and sleep in's.
- Take part in staff and client meetings.
- Attend training courses as required and assist in the training of other staff as directed.
- Carry out Key working duties for individual key clients.
- Comply with Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and other county policies.
- Read all literature concerning policies and procedures at regular intervals to ensure you are up to date in daily practice.
- Any other duties as necessary to ensure the home runs safely and efficiently.