Wanted: DevOps Engineer
Our Hove based client is looking for a DevOps engineer to join the team as they transition to DevOps.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for ensuring the stability, security and performance of the platform and also for the software releases and infrastructure components.
The infrastructure runs on AWS / JVM(Scala) / PHP and MySQL Galera Clusters.
Having migrated to cloud services, they are planning to migrate part of the data layer away from Galera.
You will be given autonomy to research, recommend and implement solutions meaning this is an excellent opportunity to further their skills and progress their career by moving beyond BAU administration into owning and driving improvement within the platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Investigating and resolving last-line support issues
Working with the development teams where necessary to identify and resolve bugs
? Investigating trends in monitoring data to identify issues using ELK / New Relic
? Maintaining and improving the software deployment and configuration CI/CD systems
? Out of hours on-call (1 week per month with 1 s/w release that week)
? 50% Project / 50% BAU work balance
? Backend support of the LAMP stack
* Linux administration (Ideally RHEL/AWS Linux/Ubuntu)
* Web support (Apache Httpd & Nginx, Load balancers)
* RDBMS Database administration (ideally MySQL and Galera)
* Scripting/automation (ideally Bash/python/ansible/puppet/ruby)
* Devops experience (ideally Ansible / Jenkins / Cloudformation / Travis / ELK)
* Enterprise Cloud Server (ideally AWS - EC2 / Route53 / S3 / Cloudformation)
* Highly self motivated, can-do attitude, eager to learn and progress
* Ability to take ownership of projects and drive through change
* Excellent time management skills - able to manage project and team workloads
* Great communication abilities on multiple levels (technical, business & external customers)
* Confident in presenting technical concepts and mentoring team members
* A strong work ethic combined with an ability to contribute to a positive team environment
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.