Michelin Star Restaurant Manager, Egham
Tudor Room Restaurant Manager – Tudor Room
Great Fosters Hotel, AA Hotel of the Year 2018, and the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private group of luxury hotels of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
4 Red Stars, 43 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award Winning Tudor Room with 1 Michelin Star and 4 Rosettes, as well as the Estate Grill which offers a delicious range of dining choices. A beautiful 14th century Tithe Barn is available for functions together with the Orangery, the Conservatory and a range of other meeting and private dining rooms.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus. www.greatfosters.co.uk
Great Fosters is undergoing a great transformation and development so this is an exciting time to join the senior team. Our new Tudor Room Executive Chef, Tony Parkin, is continuing to offer outstanding food for this Michelin Star Restaurant and we now need an equally distinctive Restaurant Manager to complete the team.
As Restaurant Manager you will have total responsibility for the food and beverage service within this 20 cover restaurant, working closely with Tony to ensure total customer satisfaction.
You will have the added support of our Director of Wine to ensure the total dining experience is achieved.
You will be responsible for managing a full time team of 4 to deliver outstanding standards of service. We are seeking someone with passion for food, wine and service who will inspire and drive standards to even higher heights. Someone who possesses excellent team management and organisation skills to get the best out of the team. Michelin star experience is also a requirement.
The restaurant is open to residents and non residents so caterers for a wide range of discerning clients with many regular patrons. Service for guests covers lunch and dinner Thursday to Sunday with a preparation and training day on Wednesday when the Restaurant is closed. Monday and Tuesday are therefore the team’s days off each week. There are also set closure periods to allow for staff holidays.
Main Duties Include;
- Ensuring the restaurant is prepared for service
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Taking guest orders
- Effective rostering of employees
- Coaching employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Serving food and beverage including alcoholic beverages and wines
- Completing satisfaction checks and action all feedback
- Resolving any service issues
- Presenting bills to guests and taking payment
- Ensuring the restaurant is reset at the end of the shift ready for the next service
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy before closing
- Working with the Head Chef to develop the menus
- Working with the Director of Wines in selecting and sourcing wines to compliment the menu items and guest’s requirements
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for food and guest service
- Technical food and beverage knowledge to offer the required service and ability to develop the rest of the team
- Management/Supervisory experience within a Michelin Star food service hotel/restaurant required
- A passion for service and training with the ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/esses & wine service staff to ensure excellence.
- Must have your own transport due to semi - rural location
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday