Learning Experience Designer
4 days left
- Contract Type
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Come join our Leadership, Enrichment and Development team and build innovative, scalable learning experiences that will grow our leadership talent across our Global Servicing Group (GSG). We are looking for a highly creative, tech savvy, Learning Experience Designer with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities. The Learning Experience Designer will create and continuously improve our leadership learning experiences using an array of approaches that engage learners and drive high-impact learning. You will be responsible for developing high-quality content in the following formats: interactive video learning, instructor-led content, virtual classroom design, immersive learning experiences, and game based learning.
The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. The role also requires deep collaboration across our Global Servicing Learning Network . The goal of all programs designed will be to deliver a world-class learning experience that drives long term leadership behaviour change resulting in positive business impact. Any offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate should be an adult learning expert with a customer/learner centric and organised approach. They must be willing to be hands on while insisting on the highest standards and measuring the business impact of all the learning experiences they build.
This role will be based located at our European Servicing Centre in Brighton, UK
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning solutions
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learner, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply
- Proven eye for visual design and ability to connect with learners digitally whilst creating highly engaging user experiences
- Extensive experience in Instructional design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- Strong proficiency with industry standard design software (including Adobe Creative Suite , Articulate Storyline 360 and Captivate 10) and multimedia experience including video production is essential
- Proven learning Design and Development experience designing storyboards, audio and video scripts, job aids, scenarios and case studies, learning activities, online course content, web applications, infographics, learning assessments, and user guides using sound instructional design theory
- Autonomously remains up to date on the latest innovations and best-practices in the Learning and instructional design community to aid experimentation and adoption of best-practices
- Experience of implementing modern learning modalities including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements, strongly preferred
- Proven experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact
- These software skills MUST have been applied / used in a recent position, able to share features of the tools used
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation and inspire others
- History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project is a must
- Excellent analytical skills, experience with using learning management systems to drive the delivery of training solutions
- A degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or Teaching is preferred
- Proven experience as an Instructional Designer in a global corporate organisation is preferable
- Significant experience in on-the-job application is desired
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time