Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician wanted
Founded by the Father & Son Partnership of Ray & Paul Robe. The company started operations in 1984 from small premises in Old Coulsdon, Surrey. Now operating from a large modern facility in Crawley West Sussex, Parr is one of the UKs largest independent Porsche Specialists. With over 35 years of Porsche experience they offer customers unrivalled Porsche knowledge. Offering Porsche sales, road servicing, restoration, parts and motorsport services.
Every day is different within the workshop and as an Apprentice, technician some of your duties will include:
- Use of testing and diagnostic equipment
- Inspection of parts and systems to ensure correct working
- Following checklists to ensure all critical parts of vehicles are examined
- Carrying out bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection.
- Undertaking repair and maintenance of vehicles including clutches, gearboxes, engines, tyres, brakes and suspension.
- Completion of legible and accurate paperwork for the customers and workshop records.
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work environment. Follow HSE policy.
- Use of all types of workshop equipment to include sandblasting , vapour blasting , wheel alignment
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of products across all models of Porsches.
- Free parking
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Several exciting opportunities to attend motorsport race meetings with the team
Training to be Provided:
Apprentices work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair competence
• Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair knowledge
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (unless exempt via GCSEs)
• To Attempt Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English.(Unless Exempt via GCSEs)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair competence is delivered via flexible work based assessments and onsite observations by an experienced Assessor. Candidates will be expected to cover a range of units for which they will need to provide work-based evidence.
8 mandatory units must be covered, as follows:
• Health, and safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
• Support Skills For Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
• Skills in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices in the automotive environment
• Routine light vehicle maintenance
• Removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
• Removing and replacing motor vehicle electrical units and components
• Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
• Removing and replacing light vehicle driveline units and components (knowledge)
1 Optional unit must also be selected from those listed below:
• Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
• Removing and replacing light vehicle driveline units and components (competence)
The Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair knowledge and Functional Skills qualifications (unless exempt) are delivered via weekly classes at college, starting in September.
- Being mechanically minded and having a keen interest in motor vehicles.
- A full driving licence would be an advantage.
- Desired qualifications; Min GCSE A- C (4/5) in Maths, English and IT or equivalent
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and well-presented person with good time keeping skills, who enjoys working as part of a team.
A Full time position at the company
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Located in Manor Royal Business Centre, with easy access via Bus or free parking if you have your own car