Assistant Quantity Surveyor
ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
AWARD-WINNING REGIONAL MAIN CONTRACTOR
An established regional Main Contractor who complete a diverse range of exciting projects are now looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their already successful team based in Kent. Since their introduction 20+ years ago they have built up a reputation as a credible main contractor with a friendly culture that promotes the development of their own employees through the investment of training and project experience.
This is a great opportunity for a Degree/Masters qualified Surveyor who has experience in the industry to gain invaluable knowledge working alongside a high performing Commercial team and grow as individual. Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include and develop into:
* Carrying out the commercial role on the project in line with processes and procedures to ensure the contractual and commercial position is protected and financial performance is enhanced.
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting the business.
* Have a full understanding and appreciation of the contract under which your project is operating and the risks and opportunities this presents.
* Develop a high level of competence in the application of IT skills to facilitate own role
* Develop a wider knowledge of business systems to manage and present business information. .
* Be an advocate for Lean management and encourage the operational and commercial teams to look for ways to improve our services and constantly improve.
* Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
* Production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets.
* Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets.
* Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
* Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach.
* Minimum HNC or equivalent.
* Construction Degree/Masters educated.
* Main Contracting or Civils/Structures background.
* CSCS card.
* Experience working in the construction industry.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, with the opportunity to progress with a great company who invest heavily in the development of their staff.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.