PMO Manager – B&CE
Are you an experienced PMO Manager? Have you gained experience extensive experience of programme level planning, resource management & project accounting? We are seeking a PMO Manager on an initial 12 Month fixed term contract for our growing Change department. In return we can offer you excellent benefits and progression within a growing organisation. Are you interested? Please read on for further details
In a word
Work across the Group Change Portfolio engaging regularly with Programme Managers, Project Managers, IT Group and Finance Managers and other PMO team members to lead embedded PMO teams and drive execution of governance for key Programmes, providing information and insights, challenge and support that allow effective decision-making and engagement of senior stakeholders.
Lead the PMO team embedded within Group Change Programmes, to provide dedicated PMO services across the FFTF change programme, initially in Health Programme.
Provide programme oversight/advisory and support working closely with Fit For The Future (FFTF) programme managers.
Drive a proactive approach to issue resolution through proactive challenge and quality assurance of plans, risks and issues mitigation, proactive identification and mitigation of potential strategic and tactical risks, proactive management of cross programme dependencies.
Drive effective Planning and scheduling processes across the Programmes and support the management and resolution of cross dependencies.
Drive effective financial management of underlying projects and overall programme against budgets, monitoring actuals and forecasts remain in governance and within tolerances agreed.
Lead production of decision support material for FFTF leadership, including high quality regular management information, ad-hoc issues framing, options identification and assessment.
Embed standards, and support continuous improvement feeding back to Portfolio Manager where necessary.
Provide resource management and oversight across the FFTF programmes feeding into the Portfolio model.
Lead effective process to assess resources across the programme (including delivery partner).
Right for this role
- Previous experience of working in a similar programme PMO environment with extensive experience of programme level planning, resource management, project accounting with exposure to governance and reporting, planning, risks and issues.
- Proven experience of £multi-million programme delivery with focus on providing delivery assurance/oversight.
- Experience of digital technology transformation within an Agile / Iterative delivery environment
- Proven application of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with sufficient credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- Works on own initiative, demonstrates leadership, influencing and negotiation skills with resources not under direct control to deliver to tight deadlines and desired outcomes
- Ability to challenge project and programme managers to provide quality assurance over inputs and governance artefacts produced by the programmes
- Understands the wider context of a portfolio environment with a strategic and commercial perspective
- Educated to a minimum of A level standard, Ideally degree level
- Practitioner level in P30, Prince 2, or MSP or similar professional qualification.
- Project Management experience and appreciation of programme delivery and underlying projects delivery through the full application lifecycle
- Experience in using specialist packages (MS Visio, MS Project)
- Previous experience gained in the Financial Services environment, ideally within Pensions or Auto Enrolment market, Banking, and/or Construction, and related products and services
- Experience of agile and scrum delivery principles and application within delivery tranches
- Managing Successful Programme Practitioner
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.
We are a disability committed employer, please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment process
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career