Hastings Direct, Complex Negotiator
We are looking for a Complex Negotiator to work within our Claims Fraud Team, based in our Bexhill office. You will handle an allocation of complex fraud cases, including fraud ring operations and high value cases. You will also be required to act as a referral point for Negotiators and Senior Negotiators and provide coaching, mentoring and training, monitor the quality and accuracy of work through individual audit reporting and to assist the Claims Fraud Consultant with delegated tasks and responsibilities.
- Working with your Claims Fraud Consultant to ensure the team's quality and development needs are met on a day to day basis.
- To act as a referral point for the other areas of claims fraud, providing coaching, mentoring and training.
- To assist your Claims Fraud Consultant responsibility for Large Loss reporting, Complex Fraud management and reporting.
- Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how we do business.
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Communicating via telephone (incoming and outbound calls) and written correspondence with policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, engineers, insurers, solicitors, engineers, third party representatives, medical experts, forensic accountants, rehabilitation providers, case managers, overseas handling agents, investigators, medical agencies, costs draughtsmen, CRU, Counsel, police authorities and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claims.
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties, within the remit of this position, required of the job holder from time to time. The Company reserves the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the job holder.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies between various documents/evidence
- Effective communications skills with external organisations to include other insurers, solicitors and authorities
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to confidently use Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Time management
- Negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic and committed to operational success. (essential)
- Previous experience with coaching and mentoring. (essential)
- Proven knowledge of Claims Fraud. (essential).
- Good experience with litigation and trials. (essential)
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and company principles. (essential).
- Significant claims fraud experience.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks