Staff Nurse - Chestnut Tree House - In House Clinical Team
Various Full & Part-time hours available
£25,090 – £32,330 FTE depending on depth and variety of experience
Chestnut Tree House, nr Arundel
Chestnut Tree House, near Arundel is the children's hospice for East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire. We provide specialist palliative care for children and young people with life-shortening conditions.
We are looking for a paediatric or general nurse who is highly compassionate, preferably with experience of working with children with complex needs. However, training is available to give you the skills required for this very rewarding role. Experience in caring for children and young people requiring ventilation would be desirable.
This role involves:
- Working in a small team of experienced nurses to provide holistic individualised care.
- Using your clinical and interpersonal skills to care for a child or young person with a life-shortening condition.
- Ensuring good communication within the team and advocating for the child/young person and their families, supporting their decisions and choices.
A full driving licence and access to your own transport is essential due to the hospice’s rural location.
Ongoing recruitment, so apply now!
All applicants will be asked to complete a St Barnabas application form.
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in the NHS pension scheme
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (additional annual leave after 5 & 10 years’ service)
- Free parking
- On-site education support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Option to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership