Customer Relationship Executive
6 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for building customer relationships in order to increase and retain Chamber membership. New sales will be achieved by developing relationships with prospective companies. Carry out research and seek potential prospects to recruit businesses into membership.
Delivering excellent customer service at all times and demonstrating competence in dealing with businesses at all levels up to the highest senior management. Develop and maintain excellent relations with existing and prospective members. New sales will be achieved by identifying prospects and maintaining an accurate and up to date sales pipeline and forecasts.
Membership is the fundamental driver of income for the Chamber as well as a key success criterion. Retaining existing and recruiting new members is a key role in the delivery of the Chamber’s financial plans and targets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a good understanding of Sussex Chamber and the British Chambers network
- Build key relationships by keeping businesses engaged and informed
- Promote the Chamber brand, products and services and act as an ambassador for the Chamber in implementing the core values and culture.
- Ensure you are fully up to date and conversant with all services provided by the Chamber. Maintain excellent knowledge of our portfolio of products.
- Remain current on industry trends and market activities at all times.
- Maintain targeted number of calls and appointments to deliver exceptional customer service to all customers.
- Attend meetings, events and exhibitions within Sussex as and when required to promote the Chamber (a full clean driving licence required with access to a vehicle).
- Work closely with the wider Chamber Team, offering and obtaining support to and from colleagues, looking for opportunities to generate awareness of the Chamber and its services to actively generate growth and sustainability.
- Help cover duties of other team members, where required or during periods of holidays and sickness.
- Any other duties as required within the scope of the role.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, and a demonstrable experience of multi-tasking and prioritising work to fit with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- A hard-working attitude and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Experience of working in a membership organisation is desirable but not essential
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Business 2 Business Sales Experience
- Microsoft proficiency: Outlook, Word
- Experience with CMS systems is desirable, but not essential
- In-house SageCRM system
Hours of work:
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm exclusive of meal breaks.
The Sussex Chamber is the leading business membership organisation in Sussex. We are ambitious about growing our impact and reach in the county.
The Chamber sits at the heart of the local business community providing representation, services, networking events, training, export documentation, international trade services, information and guidance to its members.
The Sussex Chamber works closely with the British Chambers of Commerce who are the national body for a powerful and influential network of 53 Accredited Chambers of Commerce.
Send your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria in the job description to: Alison.Watson@sussexchamberofcommerce.co.uk
Apply for Customer Relationship Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly