Technical Coordinator / Design Coordinator
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR (HOUSING & DEVELOPMENT)
UP TO £55,000 + CAR / CAR ALLOWANCE £4000 + PACKAGE
This is an opportunity to join a highly respected Housing developer based in Horsham; this developer has been awarded some of the most prestigious awards in the industry and is recognised for building homes of the highest quality. They are looking to engage with a Technical Coordinator who will provide assistance to the Technical Director in coordinating all technical information between internal and external consultants.
The Ideal candidate will have a working background within Housing and development and residential projects and some building knowledge an understanding of legal processes would be beneficial. You will be reporting directly into the Technical Director.
Responsibilities and accountability's
* Attend regular design team meetings with consultants; take and distribute minutes as required.
* Assist with specification development and review.
* Ensure consultants working to brief and delivering to program
* Liaise with consultants during technical design and respond to queries raised
* Ensure the timely provision of production information to the project team
* Review and comment on technical information for best value engineered solutions and compliance with the specification
* Provide information for discharge of planning Conditions
* Submit applications for Building Control and discharge of Conditions
* Liaise with Building Control body to achieve Building Control Approval
* Submit applications for NHBC Warranties, Robust Detail applications etc.
* Liaise with Architectural Liaison Officer with regard to Secured by Design Applications and requirements
* Co-ordinate air testing regime and acoustic testing where required.
* Co-ordinate information in regard to EPC Certification and issue final certificates upon receipt.
* Brief specialist suppliers and send out design enquiries to include beam and block floors, floor joists, lintels, trussed rafters, ventilation , plumbing and heating
* Review and comment on specialist suppliers drawings to ensure co-ordination of detailed design
* Manage and track approval process of specialist suppliers' drawings
* Review and comment on Sales Plans/Brochures and Conveyance Plans
* Liaise with Housing Association relating to technical/ specification issues and compilation of the Home User Guides etc.
* Respond to site technical queries and attend site project review meetings
In return you will be offered a comprehensive package and continuous career progression.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.