Legal Team Assistant - Employment
Job Title: Legal Team Assistant - Employment
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000 dependable on experience + Benefits
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary? Are you looking for a long term opportunity within a friendly firm?
Search Consultancy is currently working on behalf of a vibrant and innovative law firm based within Crawley that is looking for a Legal Team Assistant to join the Employment department.
This role will be primarily assisting the team in team in day to day service delivery to clients, reporting directly to the Employment Partner.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Diary and Email management
- Supporting new clients
- File opening activity
- Client care
- Organising client meetings
- Filed and screening telephone calls
- Support billing, drafting detailed narratives and retainer spreadsheets to go along with invoices & financial management activities as needed
- Supporting court bundles
- Attending to new enquires
- Checking and allocating client documentation
- Uploading client documentation to the portal when required
- Developing into drafting Chronologies and Employment Tribunal Indexes
- Archiving and closing of client files upon completion of matters
- Scoping & Costing Tool - (excel costing tool) - Assisting Fee Earners in completing tool both pre & post completion of work & analysis
- Assisting and supporting Fee Earners in completing tool both pre & post completion of work & analysis, Scoping and Costing tool (Excel)
- Organise and arrange travel, book and confirm reservations where needed
- Arrange conference rooms, refreshments if required, liaise with other attendees for both internal and external
- Administrative duties when required such as printing, faxes, organising couriers, photocopying, sending out of letters etc.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including participation in preparing of pitches and presentations; working closely with BD Assistant's when required
- Liaise with the business support departments when needed on behalf of lawyers
- Support lawyers in the billing and credit control process by communicating with the lawyer and accounts, producing standard financial/time reports through the system
- Manage internal and external telephone queries
- Arrange cover as and when needed, liaising with the Service Line Team Assistant in any instances needed
- Check any correspondence and documentation undertaken by the Document Production team before passed over to the relevant individual
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money is received
- Assisting with Data Subject Access Requests in Everlaw or comparable platforms
- Supporting with managing CAEL and phases template construction
- Deliberate minimum fee arrangements with clients and request money on account previous to consultation where appropriate depending on client relationship
Experience and Skills;
- Previous and recent experience as a Legal Secretary, preferably within a professional services background.
- Accurate and speedy typing skills, minimum of 60WPM
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and any research tools if possible
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Able to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Direct, concise and clear approach
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Legal Team Assistant - Employment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly