Payroll & Pensions Administrator
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition planning for young people aged 3-25 with complex physical disabilities and health needs.
Our aim is to provide a stimulating and inclusive environment where all young people are given every opportunity to make progress towards fulfilment and develop life skills in preparation for adulthood.
We are currently seeking a Payroll & Pensions Administrator to join us, this is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic payroll professional to become a key part of our Finance team.
As Payroll & Pensions Administrator you will be responsible for managing and processing the payroll and pension scheme.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Responsible for the preparation and process of a monthly payroll for up to 500 employees.
- Process ad-hoc salary changes.
- Review and process authorised monthly paper timesheets as appropriate.
- Import and critically review payroll/employee date from the HR system.
- Lead on the development of an automated timesheet process.
- Responsible for pension assessments within SAGE and the submission to AVIVA.
- Set up pensions within Sage Payroll and control deductions from earnings.
- Manage maternity/paternity/shared parental leave payments.
- Manage the organisation’s sick pay scheme and SSP, in conjunction with the HR department.
- Develop the payroll function to ensure it continues to meet business needs.
- Complete Payroll Year End close down including HMRC submissions.
Above all, we are looking for an individual with the following:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft and in-house computerised payroll systems e.g. Sage
- Knowledge of pensions including auto-enrolment and ideally Teachers Pensions.
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations.
- Previous working experience within a charity would be desirable but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and approach and a good sense of humour.
Why join us?
- Competitive rates of pay between £21,668 and £23,833
- Pension scheme
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Onsite Café, Gym & Yoga Facilities
Closing date for applications is Friday the 14th of June
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.