Assistant Quantity Surveyor
ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
ESTABLISHED SUSSEX MAIN CONTRACTOR
Following the successful delivery of numerous interesting and technically-challenging projects, this well established Regional Main Contractor who operate throughout Sussex are now looking to add to their already successful team. After recently securing a diverse range of interesting and exciting projects over the next couple of years, they have a strong pipeline of secured work and are continuing to grow their team, with a clear line of sight to future expansion. The company prides itself on quality, both in the delivery and standard of its build projects but also in the relationships it forms both internally and externally with clients and suppliers. Their inclusive culture is diverse and encourages the development of their own workforce through continuous training and investment.
Now requiring the skills of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team, you will report to the Senior Surveyor and will also have a hand in Buying and Estimating. The role is autonomous but the company will of course provide you with the training and upskilling necessary to succeed in the role, with a view to develop you into a Senior/Project Quantity Surveyor in the future as you will receive the mentoring of a highly experienced Surveyor. You will ideally possess a main contractor background and be able to function effectively on your own initiative.
Key duties & responsibilities for this role include:
* Form close working relationships with our clients to identify their precise requirements and ensure that pricing schedules allow for the delivery of projects that accurately meet their expectations.
* Undertake site visits in order to understand the full scope of the works.
* Be involved in the planning process to ensure that all works are carried out to the maximum efficiency.
* Identify, prepare, submit and agree early warning notices and compensation events as required under NEC contract to ensure that any changes to original quotations are factored in.
* Maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections at all times, and liaise with the Senior Quantity Surveyor about ongoing activity.
* Review aged debt on a regular basis and manage outstanding retentions to ensure the business receives its cash from customers on a timely basis.
You should possess the following:
* Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or significant work experience.
* Main contractor industry experience preferred
* Excellent communication skills to liaise on a daily basis with other team members, clients and suppliers.
* Demonstrable ability to work alone and use own initiative to solve problems and complete daily tasks.
* Possess strong IT skills
* Full driving licence.
This role will be attractive to you if you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please apply today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.