Claims Customer Service Representative - Bexhill
Are you passionate about delivering amazing customer service? Do you love to help customers? Are you looking to be a part of an ambitious, rewarding and dynamic working environment? Would you like to increase your salary as you learn new skills?
If so, then come and join Hastings Direct, a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.6 million live customer policies and employing over 3,000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We're looking for Claims Representatives to join us in our Bexhill office.
We put colleagues at the heart of how we do things here and support their development, provide them with the skills and knowledge to do their job, listen to their ideas and encourage them to be involved within the local community. Hard work is recognised here, we celebrate and reward personal achievements as well our company successes.
The role is vital in supporting customers through their claims journey. You should ensure that the customer experience continues to be refreshingly straightforward. This means making sure each call is handled quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring the customer feels supported.
As a Claims Representative, your role will include:
- Delivering exceptional and market leading customer service
- Collecting information from our customers and inputting data onto our system
- Answering questions from customers about their claim and how this is progressing
- Doing the right thing for customers and the company in all circumstances, measured by net promoter scores, indemnity spend and claims expenses
- Getting our customers back on the road as swiftly as possible in both repairable and total loss circumstances
- Maximising the first time resolution of your customer queries by leading your own learning and development
- Always communicate with clear and appropriate language to ensure the claims experience is refreshingly straight forward for all
You will have:
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Excellent customer service skills and confidence having challenging conversations
- A high level of empathy and excellent problem solving skills
- Familiarity and competence with the Microsoft Office and web based systems
- The ability to work in self-motivated way and under your own initiative
No insurance experience is necessary; we will invest in your training from day one, and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
What you'll get in return:
- We offer a starting salary of £17,513 which will increase as you develop and progress within the role up to £20,225
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- A company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Access to our rewards database, which provides discounts for hundreds of retailers
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
- Life assurance
- Other working benefits, such as childcare vouchers and health cash plans
- Knowledge, training and opportunities to develop within your role and career
Full time hours:
Our customer contact centre is open from 0800 - 2000 Monday - Friday, 0900 - 1730 Saturday and 1000 - 1700 Sunday. You will be required to work on a rotational shift pattern between Monday - Friday 0800 to 1900 (no weekends) Training will be Monday-Friday 0900-1730 for approximately 8 weeks.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and are seeking a role in a dynamic, professional and friendly environment, then we want to hear from you today.