Travel & Lifestyle Consultant
You won’t just help our customers see the world, you’ll help them truly experience it
Our consultants use their passion for travel and lifestyle to surpass client expectations by constantly striving to create unforgettable trips and experiences for our Premium Card Members.
They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to craft memorable trips, and deliver personalized solutions through our best-in-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits – inspiring long-term relationships and loyalty along the way.
Delight customers with the unforgettable and unexpected.
Anything can happen when people travel. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day:
- Delivering “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service
- Consulting with your customers so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to their needs
- Creating unique travel & lifestyle experiences by expertly booking domestic and international flights, cars, hotels and first-class entertainment
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
- Revealing a private world to customers that they never knew existed
- Knowing what your customers want before they do
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
What you’ll need to make the most of your passion for travel.
- Experience of working in the Travel industry. This could be booking various elements of travel over the phone or face to face. This experience is desired but not essential
- A good knowledge of World Geography, this could be due to a spell spent exploring the world
- Knowledge of travel reservation systems or point of sale tools is helpful
- A flair for building long-lasting customer relationships through your ability to carefully listen and your strong spoken and written communication skills
- Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services
- Computer skills are vital as you’ll be using several different travel tools, all day, every day
- The flexibility to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
We are a 24/7 operating environment and we are currently offering evening and weekend shifts which can offer you some flexibility and work/life balance, in addition to ensuring we are here when our customers need us most. This will be working 5 out of 7 days. Shift patterns are reviewed every 12 weeks. If there is a change to your shift pattern, 30 days prior notice will be given.
Why American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. We provide you with learning and development to become great at what you do, a supportive culture to nurture your potential and travel experiences that help you deliver ‘WOW’ service every day. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time