Pool Production Engineer Wanted
We are pleased to present you with a fantastic opportunity to kick start your engineering career with an exciting and rapidly growing luxury swimming pool manufacturer. The right candidate will have the opportunity to become a multi-skilled manufacturing engineer working alongside an experienced team in plumbing & electrics.
This Job Role is split into two key areas
- Installation of Motors, Covers, Lights, Filtration & Electrics on Fibre Glass Swimming Pools. This will involve Drilling, Sanding, Wiring, Fixing & Plumbing.
- Once ready the Pools will be collected to be delivered to our customers, you will therefore be required to work alongside the crane operators to flip & manoeuvre the pools into workable positions
- Production of a GRP Box which is a complete all in one plant room for customers to use with their pool. This will involve plumbing with ABS Piping using solvent weld materials and the electrical wiring of the appliances into a control panel.
- The plant room will then be delivered on-site for the installation team.
- Free Uniform & Protective Equipment including safety boots, trousers, polo shirt and waterproofs
- Free Tea, Coffee & Biscuits/Fruit provided
- Flexible company with incentives to work away on jobs with a food allowance.
- Team Building days
Training to be Provided:
The programme requires candidates to work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
• Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Math
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Math
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
An interest or passion in Engineering & how things work would be an advantage.
Possessing qualifications in Plumbing & Heating or Electrics are not essential but would be an advantage.
You should be; Hardworking, Punctual, Reliable, Happy to learn and work well as part of a team.
Potential to earn a full time position as a Pool Production Engineer.
Also the opportunity to contribute in the training & development of new staff as the company continues to grow.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 phour effective from 1st April 2019 This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
UK Driving Licence and access to a Car or Motorbike is essential and candidates without this cannot be considered. This is due to the company not being near public transport.
You may be required to stay away from home at times depending on requirements.
Your employment will be subject to a successful probation period