Location: Covering Horsham, Crawley, Uckfield and East Grinstead
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week (including the flexibility to work weekends)
Fixed term contract for 12 months
SHC are recruiting a qualified and experienced Carpenter to join the Estates and Facilities Team to assist with the maintenance of SHC homes in West and East Sussex.
SHC have 16 homes located in West and East Sussex who support individuals who have a range of learning disabilities, physical disabilities, acquired brain injury and complex care needs.
As a Carpenter you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking carpentry duties at all Homes within the group including fitting fire doors in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Undertaking joinery/carpentry tasks effectively and to the defined standards;
- Meeting cyclical carpentry maintenance requirements to the highest standards as directed by the Director of Estates & Facilities;
- Carry out general carpentry repairs to a high standard;
- Proactively respond to emergency carpentry requirements;
- Promote health and safety in the workplace;
Successful applicants will be required to have:
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 Carpentry qualification;
- At least three years of relevant experience;
- Experience of working with woodworking machinery, access equipment, majority of construction industry equipment and personal protective equipment;
- Full Driving Licence.
To be considered for this role, apply today with your up to date CV.
Closing Date: Friday 28 June 2019
Please Note: Successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check (DBS)
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
Apply for Carpenter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly