Senior Product Manager
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
The American Express Global Remittance platform powers the movement of over one trillion (with a T) dollars around the world every year. We are looking for a passionate and experienced product leader for the Senior Product Manager of the Global Remittance Platform role. In this role you will drive the vision, strategy and innovation of the product ensuring that it meets the evolving needs of the enterprise, problem solving in a fast moving environment and helping revolutionize the software delivery model for American Express.
The Global Remittance team is part of American Express’ Enterprise Platforms organization. Enterprise Platforms’ core purpose is to transform the platform solution-delivery model for American Express, dramatically improving our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency while simultaneously delivering world class software products to our customers.
The Enterprise Platforms team has three core charters of responsibility:
- Platforms: This team is the proving ground for transforming our software delivery model so that a single unified team is responsible for the product development, engineering, architecture and service management of enterprise platforms. Today, there are four large scale platforms within Enterprise Platforms: Global Remittance, Global Loyalty & Benefits, Global Salesforce, and Global Accounts Receivable.
- Platform Strategy: This team will ensure cohesive oversight of platforms across the Enterprise, including infrastructure uplift and the resolution of overlapping priorities as well as how AXP’s platforms adapt to emerging trends and customer demands.
- Product Management: This team will serve as a product talent management hub, help drive consistency of product management practices and build a talent pipeline, as well as foster a collaborative culture across the Enterprise.
Global Remittance is a crucial component of our macro-level business processes; Authorization, Merchants Payables, Billing and Payments. The Payments landscape across American Express is undergoing unprecedented change that includes rapid development of new product innovations, evolving technology standards and an ever changing money movement landscape. The Senior Product Manager for Global Remittance will focus on strategic priorities around uplifting and unifying our global money movement capabilities while preparing for future trends, enhancing our customer experience and addressing internal gaps.
- Works with customers, key partners, and colleagues to define a product vision and strategy that is aligned with the high-level product roadmap
- Understands and applies new trends and market standard methodologies
- Communicates and build consensus across disciplines in crafting the product roadmap
- Work with leadership to define and articulate a long-term product strategy and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and targets
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Produce return on investment analyses and optimization recommendations
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs
- Enable cross-functional collaboration with relevant teams within the product scope
- Translates product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Leads and mentors associate product managers
- In conjunction with Director, supports the creation of a Product Backlog for a specific product
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog consistent with the Outcomes and Product Roadmap and performs story elaboration with the implementation team
- Partner with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
- Works closely with analytics and uses internal data tools to understand measure success and impact to critical metrics
- Reviews and accepts completed user stories
- Reviews/demonstrates sprint-related or general functionality with external partners and customers, including the Director of Product Management and other colleagues
- Coordinates communications and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product backlog
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience in Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product vision and strategy
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
- Proven track record managing large, complex products with multiple partners
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time