Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
We are looking for a positive and collaborative Scrum Master to join a new Supplier Payments team in American Express, London.
Our technology is at the forefront of American Express’s transformation, and we have a great culture that we are proud of and in which everyone works together and plays a part. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, come and be a part of it today!
- Be a true servant leader, coaching the team(s) in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Facilitate Scrum events as requested or needed and provide feedback to the team(s)
- Work to remove blockers so that the team(s) can operate efficiently
- Guide the Product Owner to sustain the Product Backlog and maximise value
- Contribute to the resolution of wider organisational impediments that impact the team(s)
- Work with Agile Coaches and partner with other Scrum Masters helping to drive cultural change and increase effectiveness using a variety of agile methodologies
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Have some experience playing the Team Facilitator/Scrum Master role across multiple teams within an agile environment applying agile / lean principles, practices, and theory
- Have knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, self-organisation and ways to increase transparency
- Desirable skills or qualities:
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, confident person with good organisational and communication skills with strong attention to detail - must be able to engage all levels and fit into the team culture
- A passion for working with colleagues and inspiring everyone to give their best
- Ability to be diplomatic while in negotiations & troubleshooting
- Have first level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) or any other relevant agile qualifications and training
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time