Senior Product Manager
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Global Network Services & Transformation (GNS&T) is a new team tasked with envisioning the American Express Payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. This global team will define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation. The Network Modernization (NeMo) Program team has been established to implement a full-scale modernization of the American Express Global Network over three years. NeMo will rebuild the American Express Network from the ground up and is focused on designing a truly digital global payments network that is agile and ready for rapid innovation. The NeMo Program is a strategic imperative for the enterprise.
The Senior Product Manager is part of the NeMo Envisioning Team, which is focused on core network transaction processing. This team interfaces with business partners and technical architecture teams to define business architecture, high level processes and the business justification for development scope. These deliverables are critical to defining scoping priorities and mapping program scope to business value.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to demonstrate a strategic mindset, operate as a core member of a large modernization program and develop innovative payment capabilities.
- Collaborate with business partners to elicit scope, define business value, establish high-level processes and link to NeMo program goals
- Work with business and technology partners to identify and deliver Network capabilities on the new Network
- Own and manage the Network Modernization backlog for transaction processing which includes creating and reviewing Initiatives, Capabilities and high level Features
- Work collaboratively across various stakeholder groups such as GNO, Acquiring and Issuing Businesses, Marketing, Technologies, Compliance and other cross functional areas
- Influence, lead and communicate to all levels across a broad range of customers and constituents
- Develop a technical understanding of the new Network as it is being built
- Provide consultancy to business partners to ensure that processes and platforms are utilized appropriately
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of developing strategy or scope elicitation
- Expertise in Settlement, Fraud processing, ATM, Tokenization, Authorization or Clearing
- Experience with Agile Delivery Framework
- Experience delivering complex system development
- Experience eliciting and articulating business requirements
- Ability to think strategically and understand how solution approach fits into technical environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate complexities
- Driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and influencing skills
- Flexibility in supporting various time zones, as this role supports a global initiative
- Independent thinker and comfortable with making project level decisions
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time