VP - Commercial Risk (International Supplier Payments and Lending)
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The VP, International Commercial Strategy is an exciting role within the international commercial Credit Risk Management leadership team based in London. This individual will own the successful and timely roll-outs of risk requirements for international commercial products and strategies with focus on strategic projects for both card and non-card products. The individual will work in close partnership with business partners, all international CCOs, and global CFR functional teams to ensure the alignment of risk requirements and roadmaps with the broader GCS plan.
- Own the prioritisation and alignment process for roadmaps between risk capabilities, international commercial risk, individual market/regions, and GCS product/strategy business partners
- Provide guidance on analytical exercises to identify and quantify credit risk gaps and opportunities across the full customer life cycle
- Monitor economic performance across all risk decisions and partner with the CFR Global Strategy teams to identify improvement opportunities in risk strategies and capabilities
- Own the successful usage of international portfolio analytics to deliver meaningful insights internally and with our partners; work closely with the analytics team in Gurgaon to ensure evolving requirements are being communicated
- Develop in-depth understanding of the economics of the businesses where we operate, as well as the market place, including the economy, competition, and regulatory requirements
- Ensure Risk Management capabilities are aligned with the GCS strategic growth initiatives, including launch of new business practices, products and services
- Demonstrate thought leadership on commercial product landscape and long term non-card strategy (including cross-border payments)
- Focus on talent development and team culture
Opening date for applications: 11/06/2019
Closing date for applications: 12/07/2019
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Credit Risk Management experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influence management skills
- Strong collaborative skills to partner across geographies and time zones
- Proven track record of managing change and driving results
- Experience managing and developing portfolio MIS (using tools such as SAS, Python, SQL)
- Strong analytical and people management skills
- Knowledge of risk systems and capabilities preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time