Apprentice Operations Engineer
We are pleased to present you with a fantastic opportunity to kick to start your engineering career in operations with an innovative tool manufacturer. The right candidate will form part of a friendly tight knit team and have the opportunity to progress onto a L3 Apprenticeship and potentially secure a permanent position upon completion.
Work in the heart of our business, the engineering department alongside 3 experienced engineers and our current apprentice.
- Injection moulding
- Repairing new and old machinery
- Mould-design, creation and production
- Mould setting
- Moulding machine operation and fault diagnosis
- CAD work, reading and producing technical drawings and diagrams
Varied role also required to work in our factory troubleshooting issues, working with our team, finding solutions and innovating.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Working with a young, vibrant team.
- Discount on all of our products.
Training to be Provided:
L2 Apprenticeship In Performing Engineering Operations
The programme requires candidates to work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
• Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Math
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Math
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- An Interest in Engineering
- High work ethic and can-do attitude
In order to be eligible for the apprenticeship candidates must possess Maths & English GCSEs Grade E/2 or above and be willing to work towards functional skills during the course.
Candidates must be able to pass a technical aptitude test at college.
There is the potential to be supported to complete a L3 Engineering Apprenticeship and/or a permanent full time position with the company
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Good Public Transport Links