Dental Nursing Apprentice Wanted
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Dental Nurse with some chairside experience to complete a Level 3 Dental Nursing Course whilst at work in a small friendly practice, with the opportunity to gain a permanent position upon completion.
High quality, independent, gentle dentistry with leading dental implant and orthodontic solutions from a Crawley dental practice. From the beginning, the practices aim has always been to ensure that every patient becomes a patient for life. As such, the team provide professional, honest advice, which is supported by high quality, gentle care that is made to last.
Whether the client visits the practice for a routine professional cleaning or sees the dentist to get Invisalign treatment, they know that they are in safe hands, as the team at Broadway Dental care value their trust and aim to so everything that they can to make their appointments comfortable and stress-free.
A vast array of treatments is available, ranging from routine check-ups, fillings, dental implants and dentures through to more innovative solutions, including teeth whitening, teeth straightening with the Invisalign system (removable clear braces with quick, reliable and predictable results) preventive measures and smile makeovers.
The dental practice offers a calm and soothing environment, to alleviate patient anxiety and the team are always on hand to answer questions and provide support. For those who cannot go through with the treatment sedation therapies are also on offer.
Thanks to its already incredible success, Broadway Dental care is now in the process of expanding the practice from two surgeries to four to meet ever-rising demand.
The practice has the latest technology which allows them to provide same say crowns or bridges with Cerec machine. This is an impressive treatment option that allows a situation which would normally take 2 weeks with multiple visits to be completed in one visit.
- Provide Clinical Support to dentists, hygienists and patients under supervision,
- Assist with reception or any clerical duties as required and perform such other tasks as reasonably requested by the management team.
- Assist dentist, hygienist by providing dental chairside support duties
- Work towards a nationally recognized qualification leading to the registration with the GDC
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all of the dental team
- Take responsible care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work
- Manipulation and application of dental materials, knowledge and application of a range of dental instruments, decontamination and preparation for a range of procedures.
- Use of practice computer and X ray systems, completion of laboratory request forms, monitoring supporting and reassuring patients
- Follow professional ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality.
40 hours per week, between Monday and Friday, including college attendance and time off for studying.
Friday 08:00 - (alternate) 15:00/17:00
College attendance will be on Thursday evenings, term-time, between 6 PM and 9 PM.
The minimum wage will be specific to the age group:
- 16-18 £4.35 P/H (£174 Per Week)
- 18-20 £6.15 P/H (£246 Per Week)
- 21-24 £7.70 P/H (£308 Per Week)
- 25+ £8.21 P/H (£328.4 Per Week)
This salary will be reviewed 3 months later, at the end of the probation period.
· Ongoing support with experience of training Dental Nurses
· Young and motivated team
· Central location with plenty of transport links
· Discounts on dental treatments
· Access to work with the latest technology
· Expanding practice
Training to be Provided:
L3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship;
This Apprenticeship Standard will include the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing as the mandatory qualification.
With support from Crawley College, the Apprentice will develop and maintain examples of their work to meet qualification criteria within an electronic portfolio and will be required to pass 4 on line tests at Crawley College before reaching the gateway. Students will be able to re-sit each test once.
The Apprentice will be required to attend college based knowledge sessions and tutorials/revision sessions each Thursday evening during term time at the Crawley Campus.
Attendance to maths and/or English sessions will also be required if applicable.
The option to attend behaviour workshops to cover key elements of the behaviours set out in the Standard is advisable.
Good telephone manner, good English communication skills, computer literate, with good problem-solving skills, able to work on one’s own feet.
It is essential that you have already had 3-6 months experience as a Dental Nurse to be eligible for this course
Grade C/4 or above in Both Maths & English at GCSE Level or equivalent
Friendly, polite, reliable, intuitive, a peoples person and a team player
The opportunity to earn a full time position
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019.. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Willingness to have hepatitis B vaccination is a must.
Employment will be subject to DBS and, where applicable, references.