Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Regulatory Reporting Accountant
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual SII submissions to Centre- including preparation of the Economic Balance Sheet, Premium Claims Expense analysis and other associated items across all Bupa Global (BG) entities including the solo reporting for BG EEA in Dublin.
- Sourcing and presenting appropriate data from key systems such as Tagetik or from other internal functions.
- Loading required submissions to Tagetik and providing commentary.
- Answering queries from IM/Centre Finance and Actuarial teams on submissions.
- Providing Finance data to BG Actuarial and providing Finance support for their calculation of the SII TP adjustments.
- Supporting BG Actuarial in the completion of the quarterly TR (Technical Reserves) Remediation exercise to reconcile Actuarial TPs to Finance Balance Sheet.
- Developing and maintaining Tagetik, BG TM1 Product and BG TM1 Consol retrieve templates to assist with reporting and constantly seeking to make reporting more efficient.
- Assisting with SII elements of annual planning and forecasting.
- Assist with production of other reporting in the Financial Reporting Team on an “as needed” basis.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Strong financial reporting background (IFRS/UK GAAP), with good understanding of insurance accounting;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Highly numerate, with the ability to process financial data quickly and with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, driven, high energy, with a team focus;
- Ability to work effectively across finance teams;
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
Additional skills required
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability;
- Some understanding of SII Reporting preferred.
About Bupa Global and Bupa International Markets
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe