VP - Business Planning
Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) brings together multiple center of excellence to deliver on American Express’ Framework for Winning. EDA team play a critical role accelerating the company’s focus on both Digital and Data & Analytics priorities and ensuring these evolve in close concert. EDA’s remit cuts across the life-cycle, starting with Digital Acquisition through Digital Membership, working with colleagues across American Express globally. This team brings together digital product management roles across the Card Member life-cycle, analytics & data science and design roles into one cohesive team.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of EDA, the successful candidate will serve as their chief of staff and a key member of the EDA Executive & Leadership Team. The VP of Business Planning & Strategy will be responsible for a broad range of activities including EDA budget management, technology investment oversight, strategic, analytic, communications and human capital initiatives to help ensure the business objectives are achieved and. He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence, operating independently and thriving in environments with high levels of ambiguity and change.
- Build and manage an EDA-wide team for coordinating capability roadmaps in a Delivery Transformation context.
- Ensuring effective day-to-day management of all EDA budgets in close partnership with Finance.
- Overseeing and proactively managing the day-to-day operational activities and communications of the EDA Executive Office to the highest standard.
- Independently and effectively partnering with the EDA Leadership Team to provide project management for key business planning processes (e.g., annual budgeting, talent assessment, annual performance management, etc.).
- Collaborating with EDA Business Unit partners from Public Affairs, GCO, Technology, Human Resources, as well as with other BU executive offices and teams on initiatives as required.
- Planning and developing content/agenda for meetings (e.g., Leadership Team meetings, market and vendor visits, global Town Halls, cross-BU presentations).
- Crafting presentations for key business updates with Board of Directors, BU Presidents and internal/external audiences.
- Coordinating with the other Executive Office on business deliverables and monthly processes (e.g. inputs for Board Meetings, Executive Team meetings, people & planning processes).
- Owning/driving specific strategic initiatives and projects as determined by the EVP and in partnership with the EDA Leadership Team and other BU stakeholders as indicated.
- Effectively manage and providing robust development opportunities for a team of Directors / Managers / Analysts.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead projects with limited guidance, with global experience as well as a high degree of cultural awareness.
- Extensive payment industry experience within a large global organization.
- Strong executive presence with ability to effectively influence stakeholders at all levels and communicate across a diverse set of Blue Box constituents and markets.
- Excellent relationship-building skills across all levels.
- Strong analytical background and experience with financial reporting required.
- Bias towards thinking “Blue Box”, with a focus on connecting EDA teams to BU stakeholders where appropriate, as well making other BU stakeholders aware of EDA and its work.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex technical and financial subjects into easily understood concepts.
- Highly-organized, with strong project management skills and superb ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables independently and with limited input.
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs and take action to support what is in the best interest of the EVP and EDA as a whole.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Impeccable professionalism and integrity required for handling confidential information.
- Intellectually curious, with a love for all things digital and the habit of proactively keeping tabs on the external payments and commerce landscape.
- Passion for being a part of a diverse, global team operating in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible when faced with changing priorities.
- Experience working with the US and International, as well as the ability to travel globally when needed.
- University degree or equivalent required; MBA or other Master’s degree a plus.
Salary – competitive
Position posted 07/06/2019
Position posting will close on 04/07/2019
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time