Regulatory Transactions Team Leader
Financial Services Regulator based in Brighton are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable team leader to join their organisation.
They're looking for someone to lead a team of Officers in the delivery of a wide portfolio of regulatory interventions, using legislative powers where required, to mitigate risk to the regulators statutory objectives and ensure good outcomes for members. This Team Leader role sits within Regulatory Transactions as part of the Front line Development directorate. They're responsible for effectively delivering high volume regulation across a variety of basic compliance requirements and requests for the regulator to exercise a power.
* Coordinate and prioritise workload of the team to meet legislative timescales, published KPIs, internal SLAs and Quality Assurance criteria ensuring desired outcomes are achieved.
* Make regulatory decisions on the strategy and direction of the team's interventions, deciding whether to deviate from defined processes to achieve desired outcomes.
* Help identify potential new streams of work to bring into the team and work with the Regulatory Transactions Manager to implement these.
* Exercise a delegated authority for approving the appointment of trustees to pension schemes.
* Communicate with stakeholders verbally and in writing, to influence behaviours in order to ensure compliance.
* Experience of effectively managing and organising a team covering a variety of areas of work, ensuring quality of output, continuous improvement culture and high levels of motivation in a team with frequent internal promotions and tackling poor performance.
* Experience of working within a legislative framework or with clear processes and procedures.
* Skilled in communicating verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders to liaise and influence behaviours.
* Ability to use own judgement to be a focal point for issues and escalations, obtaining advice as necessary and taking the appropriate action in response to the advice received.
* Capability to be a subject matter expert on areas covered by the team and a point of escalation and decision making.
* Ability to develop technical pensions knowledge through training and experience in role.
* Capability to identify risks based on information received and escalate to the appropriate business area or gain and review legal advice before concluding.
* Analytical skills to decide when interventions require use of powers to resolve, and when a framework or process needs to be adapted to achieve desired outcomes.
* Ability to prioritise and use initiative
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Communication skills at all levels
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Leadership skills
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary from £32,000, they offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* access to performance related pay progression
* 25 days annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location in Brighton.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.