Regulatory Assurance Case Reviewer
A Financial Services Regulator with offices in Central Brighton are looking for a case reviewer with solid technical knowledge of regulation to support reviews and investigations for assurance around the quality of regulatory activity and decision making across the regulator.
The core responsibilities are to:
* Develop and deliver objective and fully informed views on the quality and consistency of regulatory interventions
* Identify any pertinent trends, behaviours and risks in regulatory interventions
* Using high quality reporting and communication skills, clearly articulate risks, observations and recommendations to senior management including Senior Leadership Team, Executive Committee, Board and Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
* Identify recommendations that support risk mitigation and continuous improvement
* Own and manage a set of reviews from the Regulatory Assurance work programme
* Write reports and deliver assurance views to stakeholders including the Executive Committee, Board and Audit and Risk and Assurance Committee.
* Apply technical knowledge, skills and experience to identify any risks, weaknesses or inconsistencies in regulatory interventions
* Deliver practical and effective recommendations for the mitigation of any risks or weaknesses identified
* Support the Head of Regulatory Assurance in promotion of a culture that strives for more effective decision making and continuous improvement
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Established technical knowledge and understanding of pension and/or financial regulation
* Advanced investigation skills and ability to plan and manage an investigation from end-to-end
* Comprehensive understanding of principles behind effective decision making and ability to test decision making against those principles
* Proven ability to take account of relevant qualitative and qualitative factors in order to form a judgement on effectiveness, risk and strategic approaches
* Ability to consider weaknesses and risks in regulatory interventions in order to develop effective and realistic recommendations to support continuous improvement or risk mitigation
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Communication skills at all levels
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Proactive and flexible
* Can do approach
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £32,001, we offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* access to performance related pay progression
* 25 days annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location in Brighton.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.