Financial Reporting Manager - Insurance (Mat cover)
We are looking for a Reporting Manager to join our Insurance Finance Team in Haywards Heath to cover a period of Maternity (up to 12 month). The role joins the European team and will be the link between our Insurance Finance team and central collinson business reporting teams.
The role will include reviewing and analysing consolidated monthly management accounts against budget and forecast, assisting with the year end audit process, intercompany management, preparation of the monthly and annual management and statutory accounts for our Insurance & Assistance Holding Company’s. The role requires some team management responsibilities
What you will do:
- Ensure I&A Finance deliver all monthly Group consolidation reporting across the I&A Division in accordance with Group reporting deadlines
- Ensure I&A finance team deliver all Group Reporting for the year end audit
- Working with the Group tax division and the Financial Reporting Manager on tax queries and issues
- Manage cash balances and cash flows for the I&A division working with Group treasury to ensure excess cash is utilised efficiently. Review weekly cash reports that are submitted to Group Treasury.
- Work with the Regulatory Reporting Manager to ensure there is sufficient working capital in each of the I&A entities
- Maintain Investment Committee papers on a monthly basis
- Ensure all accounting and reporting conforms with updated accounting standards
- Deliver ad hoc analysis and MI to key stakeholders
- Management of staff
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or Equivalent)
- Team Management of up to 2
- Strong Technical Knowledge of applicable accounting standards (IFRS, UK GAAP)
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting system preferable
- High personal levels of motivation and delivery orientated focus.
- A proactive, forward looking and challenging mindset.
- Detail focused with strong organisation and planning skills
- Ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and externally in order to achieve best outcomes for the business and customer.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice within industry to consistently improve delivery within department