We have an exciting opportunity to join our high performing Travel Insurance commercial team based in our Haywards Heath office. We have some great clients that we work closely with and this role will add to our team that is doing great work! The Actuary will play a key role in defining the pricing strategy and development of our existing travel portfolio.
We are looking for someone with strong technical skills within a personal lines business and whom can take complex information and explain to non-technical audiences. In turn we will pay a competitive salary (depending on experience), discretionary bonus of up to 10% and a host of benefits including 25 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays), Pension and Healthcare, Priority Pass membership and discounted Travel Insurance.
- Actuarial & Financial Modelling for business to business deal pricing with a personal line (Travel is not essential)
- Strong analytical thinking is required
- Statistical & Actuarial Pricing/Modelling (for segmented risk pricing)
- Background in consumer facing products
- Aptitude in Data Science preferred
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a non-actuarial audience
- Emblem Pricing experience
- Highly numerate with an associated Degree, PhD, or Professional Qualifications in the field
What you will do:
- Work with segmented risk-based pricing (GLM, GBM). The key owner of the risk-based pricing model of our largest travel portfolio.
- Expert at WTW EMBLEM pricing software or similar toolkits, able to produce outputs, explain assumptions, and justify results in business language
- Reviewing and implementing large loss modelling techniques.
- Negotiating and working closely with our Capacity Partner, you will lead the referral and sign-off process when new pricing and products are introduced
- Direct liaison with the client’s Actuarial Pricing team. You will be expected to lead face-to-face negotiations, debating results and output with confidence
- Data stewardship; as a subject matter expert you will have a pivotal role with the Data and Underwriting Analytics teams at CU & Group to oversee the accuracy of data being inputted into the pricing models (basic knowledge of SQL required).
- Working with the Underwriters to assess current pricing models across the entire Leisure Travel portfolio.
- make recommendations where required to improve the current pricing approach, with a view to balancing top-line growth and bottom line profitability