Senior Java Engineer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
We are looking for high performing and enthusiastic Engineers and Senior Engineers to join a new Supplier Payments team in American Express, London.
This role will partner closely with our product owners & product engineering teams, in an environment that values interesting technical challenges, using best practice design approaches and prioritise your professional development.
The successful applicant will join the Supplier Experience team a new dynamic community brining to life a new opportunity for the commercial services organisation.
For the senior roles we would request technical leadership skills that demonstrate helping set direction and mentoring members of the team.
Your primary proven engineering experience will be using Java with Springboot, React, REST & graphql. Experience of Kafka, Docker & Kubernetes is also beneficial.
- Writes clean, tested and monitored scalable code
- Works with Product Owners to prioritise features for ongoing sprints
- Works with Quality Engineers to ensure automated test scripts are incorporated for new features
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Relevant software development experience (minimum Java 8, Java 11 preferable) in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field;
- Experience in Agile techniques, preferably some experience with BDD and TDD
- Understands the complete vertical platform environment (technical stack)
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases
- Good collaboration and communication skills across all cultures and band levels, and enthusiastic about keeping up to date with new technologies
- Some of the following experience would also be desirable:
- Knowledge of Spring including MVC, AOP, Spring Boot, REST, XML, Microservice architecture, Cucumber, JPA, JUnit, Mocking
- Experience with Functional Programming practices
- Front end web development skills such as HTML5, React & CSS
- Cloud experience, for example Docker, OpenShift, Unix and service discovery tools.
- Experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. Splunk and App Dynamics.
- Experience developing RESTful API’s and micro services
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience of Maven, Jenkins, Groovy and other JVM languages a plus.
- Current knowledge of payments industry, financial services or FinTech.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time