Finance Business Partner - B&CE
Here at B&CE we require a Finance Business Partner to business partner all departments through the supply of management accounts. Do you have a proven background within finance whilst also holding a part qualified status? Are you able to challenge the business and provide insightful commentary & reporting? If you would like to find out more read on…
The purpose of this role is to business partner with the internal areas listed above, through the supply of management accounts, which includes: tracking and reporting on expenses, variances to budget, and forecasting. The role-holder will be responsible for creating and managing regular monthly expense reporting, which will be shared with budget owners and the Cost and Efficiency Controller. They will also ensure that new Finance policies are enforced and provide guidance to the budget owners on how to adhere.
The role will add value through insightful commentary and reporting which is accurate, timely and well presented. Your challenge is to question, discuss and understand all variances to spend and benefits and support business areas in understanding the financial implications of their decisions.
- Create, produce and maintain expense reporting for relevant business areas
- Variance analysis and rolling forecast for expenses
- Feed updated forecast spend to the Project Accountant and Cost and Efficiency Controller for inclusion in BAU Budgets
- Working closely with relevant business areas to understand their requirements
- Track invoices, ensuring adherence to contract
- Ensure effective financial control of the relevant business areas
- Escalating risk and provide business insight to the Cost Efficiency Controller and Project Accountant
- Work with the Risk team to highlight issues where appropriate.
Right for this role:
You’ll enjoy working within a solutions-driven, people-focused organisation.
You’ll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team and be aligned with our values of Creating Simplicity, Keeping Promises and Showing Compassion.
- Experience of creating insightful reports
- Analyse data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Understand the financial performance of business and explain this to non-Financial audiences
- Part qualified status (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identify problems and able to understand, interpret and apply information
- Motivated self-starter with a positive and proactive attitude to all challenges.
- Numerate, analytical with good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Organised and able to manage own workload
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career.