Community Cricket Coach
Sussex Cricket Foundation is the charitable arm of Sussex Cricket. The charity is the key delivery department for community cricket across Sussex.
We are expanding and are looking for four new part time community cricket coaches based in the North and the West of the county to support delivery of the strategic plan across for recreational and community cricket. The posts will join an existing 21 strong delivery team working across the whole of Sussex.
• Deliver against key strategic programmes such as Chance to Shine, All Stars Cricket and other cricket participation programmes like Street Cricket, Walking Cricket and Holiday Camps. Delivery will primarily be based within territory with some work and travel required county and country wide.
• Programme management for local territory- based projects
• Delivery against Key Performance Indicators based upon local need:
o Participation levels in clubs o Chance to Shine Schools Programme
o All Stars Cricket
o School/Club Transition
o After Schools Clubs and Schools premium
o Women and Girls Cricket
• Capture visual evidence (photos/film) of sessions in adherence with media consent requirements for promotional and monitoring & evaluation purposes.
• Identify and record individual or group case studies for promotional and monitoring and evaluation purposes.
• Be prepared to undertake any other duties related to the work of these functions as required
• To carry out tasks in a timely, accurate and high-quality manner
• Maintain close working relationships with all Sussex Cricket staff and uphold the Organisation’s shared values
• Attend events, presentations and meetings which may involve some out-of-hours work; evenings, weekends and bank holidays
• Any other reasonable additional and related duties as requested by Line Manager
Experience and Qualifications
• An understanding and experience of working within a club and youth cricket environment
• Experience coaching a wide range of audiences
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and stakeholders
• Highly organised approach to work, with an attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
• Professional attitude and presentation
• Collaborative way of working
• Values-driven individual
• A positive approach and can-do attitude
• Ability to deal with conflicting priorities, often under pressure yet remaining tactful, diplomatic and confidential
• Ability to travel independently between sites (Full and valid UK driving licence)
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10am on Thursday 11 July 2019
Interviews are planned for Monday 29 July 2019
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
No agencies thank you.