Claims Negotiator - Personal Injury (Entry Level)
Hastings Direct - Claims Negotiator - Personal Injury
We have a new rare and exciting entry level opportunity in our Claims Department within the Personal Injury field. You don't necessarily need Claims experience as we are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals with a strong work ethic looking to kick start their career within our exciting Technical Claims arena based on the South Coast.
As a Claims Negotiator within Personal Injury, you will assist and support our customers when they need us most by proactively managing a portfolio of cases, investigating liability and third party claims (up to a maximum of £25k dependent on experience) and agreeing fair outcomes within policy and legal liability. This opportunity offers strong development following a competency framework in order to maximise personal contribution and the ability to understand how it fits into the wider Technical Claims department.
Your remit will include the following;
· Gathering information to enable early arrival at the correct liability decision giving consideration to economic settlement
· Proactively secure appropriate recoveries to limit business exposure
· Settle Third Party Claims within financial handling authority to achieve the optimum claims settlement using department and best practice strategies
· Give appropriate consideration to avoidance of unjustified litigation and unnecessary spend at all times
· Identify potential fraudulent cases and liaise with the relevant departments to combat fraud
· Negotiating between the policy holder, solicitors and third parties to get the best outcome for our customers
· Manage and own the customer experience (including Third Party), ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and Internal Processes and Procedures
· Manage and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure service level agreements, internal and external polices and governance are adhered to
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Active listening skills
· Ability manage own workload and use initiative
· Strong relationship building skills
· Great verbal and written communication
· Good IT skills
· Previous contact centre experience advantageous
· Basic knowledge of claims beneficial
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
· Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
· Up to 5% bonus earning potential
· 25 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.