Registered Nurse - Hospice at Home Team
Registered Nurses – Hospice at Home
Full or Part-time considered
£30,290- £33,460 pa based on full-time hrs (depending on depth and variety of experience)
St Barnabas House provides specialist palliative care to adults in the Worthing, Adur, Arun and Henfield areas through a range of services, including In-patient care, Day Hospice and Community care.
The Hospice at Home team work alongside District Nursing teams and other health care services to provide end of life care support to patients and their carers, in their usual place of residence if this is their wish.
We are looking for a Registered Nurses who are adaptable, caring and preferably with experience of palliative care.
The role involves:
- Working closely with our various professionals to support the physical and emotional needs of patients nearing end of life at home.
- Assessing and monitoring changes in patients
- Administering medication
- Good communication skills with the ability to liaise with various professionals, our patients and their families
- Risk Assessments
- Good organisational skills
Experience of working with patients at end of life in the community would be desirable. A full driving licence is essential for the role.
For further information about this post please contact Ali Spear, Team Leader, Hospice @ Home Team or Kathy Mardle-Aylett, Hospice @ Home Team Manager, Tel: 01903 706361
Interview date: w/c 26th July 2019
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in an NHS pension scheme
- 35 days’ (FTE) annual leave including bank holidays
- Free parking
- On site education support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Option to join our Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate rate gym membership
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. The safer recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.